FAP DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT
Licence Status and Conditions
John Atkinson is a financial adviser who runs a licensed financial adviser business called and trading as Sterling Pensions Transfers Limited.
John advises on investments, KiwiSaver, Superannuation, Mortgages and Life and Health Insurance.
John Atkinson (FSP78162, trading as Sterling Pensions Transfers Limited) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and Scope of The Advice
Sterling Pensions Transfers Limited provides advice to clients about their Investments, KiwiSaver, Superannuation, Mortgages, Life Insurance and Health Insurance.
John only provides financial advice about products from certain providers:
- For Life and/or Health Insurance, I work with six companies – AIA, Partners Life, Cigna, Fidelity, NIB, and AMP
- For KiwiSaver and Investment products, I work with 3 companies – Booster, AMP, and ANZ
Fees or expenses
Sterling Pensions Transfers Limited does not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice provided to its clients.
Conflicts of Interest and Incentives
For Life Insurance and Health Insurance, Sterling Pensions Transfers Limited and the financial adviser receive commissions from the insurance companies on whose policies we give advice. If you decide to take out insurance, the insurer will pay a commission to Sterling Pensions Transfers Limited and your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium.
For KiwiSaver, Superannuation, and Investments, Sterling Pensions Transfers Limited and the financial adviser receive commissions from the KiwiSaver, Superannuation, and Investment Providers based on the balances.
To ensure that our financial adviser prioritises the client’s interests above his own, he follows an advice process that ensures his recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances.
Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolutions
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling John Atkinson on 027 209 4617. You can also write to us at
PO Box 251
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intent to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint, and will aim to provide you with a realistic timeframe.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint, and how we propose to do so.
If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact our external dispute resolutions scheme Financial Dispute Resolution Service (FDRS).
The FDRS provides a free, independent dispute resolutions service that may help investigate or solve your complaint, if we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
You can view their website: www.fdrs.org.nz, contact them via email: email@example.com, phone: 0508 337 337, or write to them at: Freepost 231075, PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140.
Sterling Pensions Transfers Limited has duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that I give advice.
I am required to:
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure my advice isn’t materially influenced by my own interests
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that I have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz
John Atkinson (FSP78162) trading as Sterling Pensions Transfers Limited is the Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact me at:
Phone: 027 209 4617
Address: PO Box 251, Paraparaumu 5254, New Zealand